Monday 25 May 2015

Another Race Recap

Happy wet Monday from Ottawa!  I am happy it rained today and not yesterday because running a half marathon in the rain is nor my idea of a fun Sunday.  Yesterday I ran the half marathon at Ottawa Race weekend.  I was hoping for redemption after last years disaster run but I did not get it, again the first half was great and the last half fell apart, sort of.  I had a great first 11K, I was on my pace of 5:55 and then my left hamstring decided it did not want to run anymore and decided to get very vocal about it.  Since this was not an "A" race for me, I decided to slow down and not push my luck.  I had not been a good about doing my glute exercises since my Marathon and I paid the price yesterday and I got the message loud and clear.  I have to do them daily and I need to kick my training into high gear as IMMT is in 82 today...yikes!


If you asked me today if I was confident of my finishing IMMT I would probably say I have a 60% chance of making the cut-off times.  I am not being pessimistic, just realistic and I always try to be that.  I know I have one week of rest and need 2 weeks for taper and that gives me 9 weeks of hard training.  In 2013 I had 9 weeks of hard training to go from zero to my first 70.3 and I did it and I know I will do so again.  I am not afraid of hard work and I know I will be working hard for those 9 weeks, double workouts each day, long brick workouts and lots of lifting semi-heavy things.  I know the outcome is up to me, I can work hard and improve my chances of success or I can decide not to and take my chances, the choice is mine.  My goal is to increase that % to as close to 100 as I can with the things I can control.  I am trying not to worry, it wastes energy and just focus on the job at hand..one workout...one day...one week at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment