Friday 4 July 2014

Starting Over

So I have had a few relaxing few week after the race and it is time to get back to my training, it feels like I am starting over actually.  I was not happy with my training over the last few months, trying to balance working 2 jobs, training, traveling and family were more then I could handle and it showed.  I feel like I lost a lot of my fitness but I have not lost my determination.  The last few weeks have not been easy, I feel like I am not instep with everyone else, everything I do is taken the wrong way, everything I say is wrong and to top it off my dog Loki hurt his leg and may need surgery to repair it.  I had a week off work and I decided to get life organized, organize the house, put breakfasts and dinners in the freezer and get my life organized for a busy training cycle.  While I do not think I am quite where I want to be yet, I am determined to move forward and focus on what is important to me.  Of course I want to focus on my work and training but my family comes first, I have 2 more months before Stephen heads to university, I need to get Loki's leg sorted out, especially if he needs surgery and I need to make time for Neale and I.  July 1st was the mid way point of the year but for me it was like New Years Day, a chance to start again, stronger and determined to make the life I want...wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment