Saturday 18 August 2012

It’s a Guy Thing



Don’t get me wrong, I love my running guys, but why is it that guys always start at the end and not work their way up to it in a sensible manner.  My hubby, Neale ran as his first race a half marathon, same with my son Stephen.  At least Neale trained for it, Stephen hardly at all and they did an awesome job.  Even my running buddy Roy went from couch potato to 10K runner in a single bound.  I, on the other hand, started with walking, and then progressed to 5K and then a year later 10K and now after 9 months running 10Ks to my first half marathon.  Same with my Triathlon, I started with a sprint Tri, a shorter distance then the standard Olympic Tri I aim to do next year.  Not Neale, he wants to do the Olympic distance Triathlon with me.  This from a man who cannot swim 20 yard let alone 1.5K.  Is it confidence, bravo or machismo that makes them dive right in with that do or die attitude.  As they say, different strokes for different folks, I will be happy to be the turtle and slowly make my way along and who knows, I might end up ahead of them one day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment