Monday 6 August 2012

If at first you don't succeed try a Tri again

So I attempted my first Triathlon this Saturday, it was a hot humid day and I was very worried I would not be able to complete it.  As it turns out, I was was fine, my bike was not.  My rear tired blew not once but twice and I got a DNF (did not finish) for the race.  The heat was a factor but so was faulty tires that are currently being replaced by the bike store I bought it from three weeks ago.  After 8 weeks of training it was a bit of a bummer but I did the best I could under the circumstances.  I did the swim and first leg of the bike on pace and  I did the run almost on pace, one min slower due to extra water stops.  I want to give a huge shout out to Bruce who rescued me not once but twice and gave me my first and second ride on a motorcycle, the guy from Pecco's bike shop who fixed my first flat and the kids and their hoes who sprayed me down twice and made the run bearable.  It was about 40C with humidex when I did the run at noon on Saturday, really really hot.  I will attempt a Triathlon again on Sept 1st, I will not give up until I succeed and I am totally hooked.

After a day off I got right back to training for my half marathon and my next tri with a 14K run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment