Monday 16 July 2012

Sleepless in the Summer

It's been a hot and humid summer, as my son put it -Satan called and wants his weather back.  Usually I love the heat and sun of the summer after our long cold winters but not this summer, now it means I have to get up at what a friend calls the crack of stupid to do my daily training.  I know it might be hot on race day so I do some of my workouts in the evening but my long slow run, cycle and my brick workouts, I try to do in the early morning.  Getting up at 5:30am so I can get something to eat before I head out to train is not my idea of fun.  Generally I am a morning person but I like to enjoy my coffee and ease into my day not rushing to lace up my shoes so I can get an hour+ workout done before it gets hot.  

This lack of sleep is effecting my productivity at work, which is a bad thing when you work for yourself.  My daily routine now includes an afternoon nap, no longer a nice treat but a daily necessity to survive my training schedule and life in general.  In three weeks I can cut back my training and hopefully get back to a more normal sleeping schedule, I really hope so as I am tired of being sleepless in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment