Saturday 30 June 2012

What does't kill you makes you stronger

So I am 5 weeks from my first triathlon and 12 weeks from my first half marathon and things are starting to hurt.  I am working out 6 days a week, twice a day most days.  Between the swimming, cycling, running and circuit training my body is taking quite a pounding.  I have bruises place I have never had them before, sitting down is an exercise in  torture and my feet look like a medical experiment with blisters, sore spots and damaged toe nails.  Gone are the days I had a nice pedicure and pretty feet, my feet in sandals are not a pretty sight.  We workout to make ourselves stronger and for our health, or so they tell us, but right now I have my doubts.  I am surprised that I am still going and I will admit, I will be happy on Aug 5th when I know I only have to run 4-5 days a week and this crazy workout schedule can stop.  I look at the elite athletes, these runners and triathletes and wonder how they manage to do this every day for years and keep going.  Right now I am happy to finish each day and know I am one day closer to my goal, I did sign up for this so now I have to suck it up and as Nike says JUST DO IT!


"Some of the greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
Doug Larsen


No comments:

Post a Comment