Monday 4 June 2012

Let's tri something new

The main reason I started to run was to complete a triathlon, a long held dream of mine and something I thought was out of my reach.  Well in 9 short weeks I will be doing my first sprint triathlon while I am also training for my first half marathon in September.  If you look up the word crazy in the dictionary, I am sure you will find a photo of me. Once again, I am relying on a running room clinic to get me through the running part but the swimming and cycling part is up to me. I swan as a youth and cycled in university but that was a long, long, long time ago and I am basically starting over.  I read on a web site that it takes an average person 6-9 months to train for their first mini triathlon, I have 9 weeks so enough complaining and it's time to get busy.  I have set a grueling schedule of 4 runs a week, 2  trips on the bike, one swimming session and one core workout.  I guess my first goal is to survive the training, my second is to finish the race.


"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."
Newt Gingrich


No comments:

Post a Comment