Wednesday 20 June 2012

The Climb

So I have set a grueling training program for myself, between the triathlon and the half marathon I am working out seven days a week.  I know I cannot keep this up forever but I am hoping I can do so for the next six weeks.  I now feel confident I can at least finish my triathlon, a big step forward, but it will not be pretty. Ottawa gets really hot in the summer and usually I train inside on the really hot days but now I find myself outside, just in case it is 40C on race day.

Motivation is the key right now, keeping motivated that is.  It is hard to stay motivated and on target every day, I have good days and bad days but I am sticking with it for now.  Tonight as I write this I am  totally wiped out, nothing left to give, once again wondering why I do this to myself.  I search for motivation online in the form of cute signs and on You Tube in motivational videos made by others but nothing quite nailed it. Then I can across a song that spoke to that place in my heart that knows why I do it.

The Climb
I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never make it"

Every step I am taking
Every move I am make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna to make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I am going to have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment