Monday 30 April 2012

Hawaii hangover

Well it's been 2 weeks and I have been running, keeping up with my running schedule but also travelling.  A well deserved holiday in Honolulu kept me off the computer but not the treadmill.  Training continues on holiday and I managed 3 runs, a cardio workout and a trip to the top of Diamond Head crater.  One day I laced up and head outside, running in Ala Maoma park with what seemed like half of Honolulu.  At 6:30 in the morning they needed traffic control on the pathways and runners and walkers fought for space.  It was wonderful running in the warm temps with chirping birds and an ocean breeze cooling me off.  Now its 3 weeks to my first race in Halifax, I am a bit worried as my hill training is not happening but I will finish it, even if I am crawling.

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." 
-Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

No comments:

Post a Comment