Sunday 1 April 2012

Easy like Sunday morning

Well it's Sunday morning, time to lace up the shoes and head out for my long slow run.  Gone are the days Sunday morning meant sleeping in till 9 and relaxing my way into my day. Now by 9am I have walked the dog and am out running whatever distance we are doing this week, 6K today.

I did mange to meet my goal of running 4 times this week, actually managed 5 runs but the quality was less then desirable for some of them.  By Friday the week had caught up to me and I had a terrible run. I really wanted to stop half way through but pride would not let me.  Even my running coach could tell I was not feeling it that night.  It got me thinking about why I run, I joke it's so I can eat but what really makes me run.  I run to eat, I run to achieve my goals, I run to keep up with my husband, I run to feel healthy and then it hit me, like a bolt of lightening...I run to feel good about myself.  When I run, I feel proud of myself, when everyone tells you you can't, it's my way of telling myself, I can.  Good run or bad run, I run for me.   So it's time to shake off my bad week, lace up the shoes and get out there for me.

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
Abraham Lincoln






No comments:

Post a Comment